UPDATE: this competition has closed.
I hand-balled the two best competition entries to Rowena for final judging without names. Rowena decided to reward both entries, so we have two winners!
Lindsay Walker’s entry:
Terry Prattchett. I’ve never read any books quite like those set in the Discworld. He plays with words in such a way that it’s near impossible to translate in other mediums. The man is brilliant. Dedicating an entire book about DEATH bringing toys to children. That’s too funny. His stories are so enticing and full of clever british wit. I have so much love for his books that my second daughters middle name is Pratchett. And we no longer celebrate christmas in our house. We have Hogswatch.
Debra Downey’s entry:
If I could have dinner with any author living or dead I would choose Robert Jordan.
I am a HUGE Wheel of Time fan and could think of nothing more wonderful than having dinner with the man who started it all!
They can choose from any of my books (pictured above) to fill a gap in their reading. (I’ve run out of Outcast Chronicles book two but I have ordered more). This will be a personalised signed giveaway, posted direct to the winner.
Give-away question: If you could have dinner with any author living or dead, who would it be and why?
The prize is one copy of a novel by Rowena Cory Daniells. To enter, email email@example.com with ‘RCD’ in the subject heading before 5pm AEST 30 November 2012, and answer the question: ‘If you could have dinner with any author living or dead, who would it be and why?’ in the body of the email.
Terms and conditions of competition:
1) To enter, email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘RCD’ in the subject heading and in the body of the email a brief answer to the question ‘If you could have dinner with any author living or dead, who would it be and why?’
2) Entrants must reside in Australia with an Australian delivery address.
3) All entries must be received by 5pm AEST (Melbourne time) 30 November 2012.
4) No late entries accepted.
5) Winner will be judged; all decisions final, no correspondence will be entered into.
6) Winner will need to provide a snail mail address for delivery of the book within 7 days of being informed of winning; failure to do so will result in forfeiture of prize and a new winner will be selected.
7) Email address and snail mail address will only be used for the purpose of this competition.
8) The name of the winner will be published without address or email; these details will be held conﬁdential, however the winner’s snail mail address will be provided to Rowena for the purpose of mailing out the prize.
9) DMF is running this competition in good faith; no responsibility is taken for mishap or misadventure, but due care is taken.
10) All decisions are ﬁnal, no correspondence will be entered into.