The creators of Dark Matter Zine are committed to respecting individual privacy. For the purposes of this document, Dark Matter is an abbreviation of Dark Matter Zine.
Information We Collect
All information collected is used for fulfilling the intended purpose, including:
1. Information that you provide when subscribing to Dark Matter email distribution and/or notification. These contact details are kept strictly confidential and are not shared with any third parties unless required by law.
2. Information that you provide when donating to Dark Matter. These details are kept strictly confidential and are not shared with any third parties unless required by law.
3. Information that you provide when entering competitions in Dark Matter. These details are kept strictly confidential and are not shared with any third parties unless required by law, except when declared in the Terms and Conditions of entry for that specific competition. If, for example, a publisher or company providing the prizes takes responsibility for mailing out prizes, then the name and address of the winner/s (and only the winner/s) will be provided to the company providing and mailing out the prizes for that purpose. This will be declared in the Terms and Conditions of the competition. Dark Matter will then provide the name and address of the winner/s to said company in good faith. Dark Matter does not accept liability in the event of aforementioned company misusing or disclosing this information; Dark Matter will in no event be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from said company misusing or disclosing this information.
4. Facilitating comments on blog entries: please note the exception to privacy rules listed under ‘Aggressive and/or Abusive behaviour’.
5. We use Awstats to facilitate website administration and improve its content. None of the information collected is reasonably capable of identifying an individual.
Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies that you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Aggressive and/or Abusive Behaviour
Abusive, insulting, menacing, harassing and/or offensive comments are not acceptable. Comments of an illegal and/or threatening nature will be reported to authorities. ‘Section 474.17 of the Commonwealth criminal code creates an offense, punishable by imprisonment for three years, of using a carriage service, and yes the internet counts, in such a way that a reasonable person would consider it “menacing, harassing or offensive”,’ from John Birmingham’s blog, where he cites cases already successfully prosecuted.
People using this website are expected to debate ideas in a manner respectful of others. As one author said, ‘Play the ball [idea] not the person,’ (slight misquote to be inclusive).
Changes to This Policy
The information contained in this website, YouTube and related social media platforms as Dark Matter is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the creators of Dark Matter Media Productions and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to this website, YouTube and related social media platforms or the information, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the creators of Dark Matter Media Productions take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.