Thanks to all the entries!
- Liz, SA
- Kelly, Tas
As soon as Asha provides their address, Penguin Random House can mail out their book. Liz and Kelly’s books should be on their way right now! I hope you enjoy Frankly In Love as much as I did.
Dark Matter Zine and Penguin Random House Australia are pleased to be giving away 3 copies of Frankly In Love to lucky readers.
“Yoon never settles for stereotypes, instead giving his well-defined characters a diversity of experience, identity, sexuality, and ambition. Told in youthful-sounding prose, Frank’s journey reaches beyond Korean-American identity and touches on the common experiences of many children of immigrants, including negotiating language barriers, tradition, and other aspects of what it means to be a “hyphenated” American.” – Publishers Weekly, starred review
“Spectacular debut. . . Yoon’s light hand with dialogue and deft use of illustrative anecdotes produce a story that illuminates weighty issues by putting a compassionate human face on struggles both universal and particular to certain identities. . . A deeply moving account of love in its many forms.”– Kirkus Reviews, starred review
“I loved, loved, LOVED this book, which miraculously manages to be a love story, a treatise on racism, a peek into adolescence, and a welcome to Korean-American culture, all at once. Frankly, Frank Li is a character you need to meet.” – Jodi Picoult, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Small Great Things and A Spark of Light
“I fell fast for David Yoon’s masterful debut that’s big-hearted, honest, hilarious, and achingly romantic. I smiled, I laughed, I cried, and I closed this book wiser. Get ready to fall in love with Frank, world!” – Adam Silvera, New York Times bestselling author of They Both Die at The End
“Frankly in Love shines with an incredible voice and a searing, honest, and deeply human story about what it means to love someone. David Yoon isn’t afraid to confront every angle, both the beautiful and the ugly, but he tackles it all with great care. This is a classic in the making.” – Marie Lu, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Warcross
ABOUT THE AUTHOR David Yoon is a writer and designer who created the illustrations for the #1 New York Times bestselling novel Everything, Everything. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife, novelist Nicola Yoon, and their energetic daughter. Frankly in Love is his first novel.
To enter, either use this contact form and put ‘Frankly In Love’ as the message or scroll down to read other T&Cs. Winners will be notified by email and will need to provide a postal address within 72 hours or prizes will be redrawn.
Terms and Conditions
Dark Matter and Penguin Random House Australia are giving away 3 copies of Frankly In Love. To enter, email email@example.com with ‘Frankly In Love’ in the subject heading. The competition closes on 15 September 2019.
- To enter, either use this contact form and put ‘Frankly In Love’ as the message or scroll down to read other T&Cs. Winners will be notified by email and will need to provide a postal address within 72 hours or prizes will be redrawn OR
- To enter, email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Frankly In Love’ in the subject heading and their postal address in the body of the email.
- Entrants must reside in Australia with an Australian delivery address.
- All entries must be received by 5pm AEST (Melbourne and Sydney time) 15 September 2019.
- No late entries accepted.
- Winners will be selected via a random number generator.
- Winners must provide a snail mail address for delivery; if the email does not include a postal address, the prize will be redrawn.
- Email address and snail mail address will only be used for the purpose of this competition.
- Penguin Random House Australia will mail out prizes, so the winners’ names and addresses will be provided to Penguin for this purpose.
- The name of the winner will be published without address or email; these details will be held conﬁdential.
- DMZ is running this competition in good faith; no responsibility is taken for mishap or misadventure, but due care is taken.
- All decisions are ﬁnal, no correspondence will be entered into.