Dangerous Games: An anthology of original short stories edited by Jonathan Oliver
UK: 9781781082650 | 4th December 2014 | £7.99
US: 9781781082685 | 4th December 2014 | $7.99
Available in paperback and ebook
In recent years, no one publisher has done as much for the short form of speculative fiction in Britain as Solaris. – tor.com
In a world ruled by chance, one rash decision could bring down the house, one roll of the dice could bring untold wealth, or the end of everything.
The players have gathered around the table, each to tell their story—often dark, always compelling. Within you will find tales of the players and the played, lives governed by games deadly, weird, or downright bizarre.
In this anthology of the weird and the macabre, multi-award-winning editor Jonathan Oliver brings together a diverse collection of voices from some of today’s finest writers, to create an original and fresh collection that’s unlike anything you’ve read before.
Dangerous Games features new works from Hugo award-winners, brilliant new talents and best-selling authors, including: Chuck Wendig, Silvia Moreno-Garcia, Lavie Tidhar, Benjanun Sriduangkaew, Paul Kearney, Libby McGugan, Yoon Ha Lee, Gary Northfield, Melanie Tem, Hillary Monahan, Tade Thompson, Rebecca Levene, Ivo Stourton, Gary McMahon, Robert Shearman, Nik Vincent, Helen Marshall, and Pat Cadigan.
Roll the bones at your own risk December 2014…
Table of Contents:
- Introduction, Jonathan Oliver
- Big Man, Chuck Wendig
- The Yellow Door, Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Die, Lavie Tidhar
- Chrysalises, Benjanun Sriduangkaew
- South Mountain, Paul Kearney
- The Game Changer, Libby McGugan
- Distinguishing Characteristics, Yoon Ha Lee
- Captain Zzapp!!! – Space Hero from 3000 AD, Gary Northfield
- Death Pool, Melanie Tem
- The Bone Man’s Bride, Hillary Monahan
- Honourable Mention, Tade Thompson
- Loser, Rebecca Levene
- Two Sit Down, One Stands Up, Ivo Stourton
- Ready or Not, Gary McMahon
- The Monogamy of Wild Beasts, Robert Shearman
- The Stranger Cards, Nik Vincent
- All Things Fall Apart and Are Built Again, Helen Marshall
- Lefty Plays Bridge, Pat Cadigan
About the Editor
Jonathan Oliver is the multi-award winning editor of The End of The Line, Magic, House of Fear, End of the Road and Dangerous Games. He’s also written a couple of novels and a bunch of short stories. He lives in Abingdon with his family and their cat.