Yesterday a friend gently pointed out that I was a week behind. As in, I was up with schoolwork, counting the semester’s weeks, but I thought the DATES were from last week. So this announcement is a few days late. Sorry, folks.
The winner of the autographed Quick novel is [drum roll]
I spoke to Steve on Friday 29 August; we chatted about his novel, Farscape, other TV and movie projects he’s worked on and his upcoming movie and novel for family audiences. That interview is coming soon but in the meantime — [drum roll!]
Dark Matter and Penguin are giving away 1 AUTHOR SIGNED copy of Quick by Steve Worland to Australian residents. To enter, email editor (at) darkmatterzine (dot) com with ‘Quick’ in the subject heading and your postal address in the email before 5pm AEST (Melbourne time) 13 September 2014.
Strap in for a breathtaking, tyre-peeling, high-octane adventure ride by the rising star of action thrillers.
Melbourne, Australia: Round one of the Formula One World Championship. Billy Hotchkiss no longer races a V8 Supercar, but that doesn’t mean he’s lost the need for speed. When the young cop uncovers a diamond heist in progress he leaps into action and almost captures the thieves single-handedly.
Lyon, France: Interpol are convinced the criminals are somehow connected to Formula One. And they think this Australian ex-race driver is just the guy to stop them.
Sent undercover with an unwilling French partner, Billy is thrust into the glamorous world of international motor racing. But as the duo closes in on the thieves they soon expose a far more sinister threat.
With the fate of a city and the lives of one hundred thousand people in the balance, Billy must drive like never before to stop the worst act of terror since 9/11.
Praise for Steve Worland’s Books
‘A brilliant rollercoaster ride of a novel. I couldn’t put it down.’Hugh Jackman
‘A cinematic blockbuster.’ Men’s Fitness
‘A fresh voice for fans of Matthew Reilly.’ Canberra Times
‘Plenty of non-stop explosive excitement.‘ West Australian
Terms and conditions of competition:
- To enter, email editor (at) darkmatterzine (dot) com with ‘Quick’ in the subject heading and your postal address in the email.
- Entrants must reside in Australia with an Australian delivery address.
- All entries must be received by 5pm AEST (Melbourne time) 13 September 2014.
- No late entries accepted.
- Winner will be selected via a random number generator.
- Email address and snail mail address will only be used for the purpose of this competition.
- Penguin publishing will mail out the prize, so the winner’s name and address will be provided to Penguin for this purpose.
- The name of the winner will be published without address or email; these details will be held conﬁdential with the exception of point 7.
- DMZ is running this competition in good faith; no responsibility is taken for mishap or misadventure.
- All decisions are ﬁnal, no correspondence will be entered into.