Claudia Christian in the Limelight
Planned interview questions
Planned interview questions are as follows (please note: interviews are organic so the order of questions may vary or Claudia may have answered a question without it’s being asked, etc):
- When did you know you were going to take up acting?
- How did you prepare for your acting career?
- You were focusing on movies when you were offered a role in Babylon 5; did you experience culture shock moving into science fiction AND TV work?
- What were some of the cultural challenges you faced working in science fiction and relating to fans?
- Jod asked: How did you feel about changes during the series such as Bruce Boxleitner taking over as Captain in season 2?
- Brendan Podger asked: What is your favourite line? (She got all the good ones or she put over all her Kick-ass lines best anyway.)
- Brendan Podger asked: Watching your character open up was amazing, did you have any idea of how deep your character would be early on?
- Sheldon Whittaker asked: I have heard that J. MIchael Straczynski was a great listener around the set of B5 garnering inspiration where ever it came from, and not that you are a Bi-sexual Jewish Latent-Telepath, but How much of you did he put into Susan Ivanova?
- Since working on Babylon 5 you were heavily involved in Starhyke. What can you tell us about that show and working with that cast and crew?
- Kevin Powe asked: What were you most nervous about when you started voice acting?
- What are some of the key differences in working as a voice actor compared to working as a screen actor?
- You’ve featured as a voice actor in a number of computer games like Halo, Skyrim and Guild Wars 2.
- What was working as a voice actor on those games like?
- Do you play the games?
- Jeremy Hamilton asked: Of all the sci fi shows on tv at the moment which one would you like to be starring in ??
- You’ve co-written an autobiography called Babylon Confidential. What was sharing your story like for you?
- How difficult was it to entrust the ghost writing to someone else?
- Babylon Confidential is aimed at a mainstream audience: are you planning to write a companion book to share your adventures working in science fiction with your fans?
- Morgan mentioned that there were some awesome photos you couldn’t include in Babylon Confidential, like being carried around a convention by 10 Klingons. What are some of your favourite convention stories?
- Where can fans find the photos that could not be included in the book?
- There is a strong science fiction fan base in Melbourne – when do you think you’ll make it back to a convention here?
- What projects do you have coming up?
It was an interesting interview, well worth watching. MP3 (audio only) will be coming soon.
Note: the image and sound quality varies: the international internet connection left something to be desired. Some intercontinental interviews run more smoothly than others – if I work out the best times to get the best quality video, I’ll do my best to schedule interviews accordingly. I think the interview is worth persevering through the glitches.