- Mr Goodtrolley says Better Shopping Begins with You!
- Goodtrolley says Shop Till You Drop — a silly illo by Ian Gunn
- Goodtrolley says Consume Till the Tomb — a silly illo by Ian Gunn
- Goodtrolley says Buy Till You Die — a silly illo by Ian Gunn
- Goodtrolley — a silly illo by Ian Gunn
- Mogulmond Megamarts Carpark: a silly illo by Ian Gunn
Last week I said Good Trolley must be evil. This week he’s proven himself to be a shallow capitalist whose call to Buy Till You Die sounds somewhat threatening.
Ian Gunn, creator of these silly illos (illustrations), was a beloved award-winning artist based in Melbourne. Cancer took him from us too soon.
Ian left a legacy including lots of great illustrations. Many of these illustrations are available for sale.
Victoria’s science fiction convention, Continuum, occasionally presents the Ian Gunn Memorial Award recognising the ‘unsung heroes’ of fandom: people consistently working in the background who never expect any recognition of their efforts. This commemorates Ian’s selfless efforts to reach out to others, encouraging others and thereby building the science fiction community.
K’rin Pender-Gunn, Ian’s widow, gave Dark Matter Zine permission to republish Ian’s artwork. Thanks, K’rin!