- Fundraising to support Australian fire-fighting efforts
- Zana Fraillon
- Kelly Van Nelson
- Narelle Warren
- Jodi McAlister
- Eleanor Limprecht
- Rob McDonald
- Nick Gadd: #AuthorsForFireys guest blog
- Elizabeth Stevens: #AuthorsForFireys guest blog
- Wai Chim
- Gabrielle Reid
- Sarah Foster
- Jessica White
- Peter McLean: #AuthorsForFireys guest blog
- Emma Neale: #AuthorsForFireys guest blog
- Anna Whateley: #AuthorsForFireys guest blog
- Favel Parrett
- Carly Findlay: #AuthorsForFireys guest blog
- Margaret Cook: #AuthorsForFireys guest blog
- Gabrielle Tozer: #AuthorsForFireys guest blog
- Ashley Kalagian Blunt: #AuthorsForFireys guest blog
- Phillipa Nefri Clark: #AuthorsForFireys guest blog
- Samuel Maguire: #AuthorsForFireys guest blog
- Imbi Neeme: #AuthorsForFireys guest blog
- Kelly Morton: #AuthorsForFireys guest blog
- Cass Moriarty
- Danie Ware: #AuthorsForFireys guest blog
- Meg Mundell
- Elizabeth Knox
- Christian White: #AuthorsForFireys guest blog
- Simon Cleary guest blog for Authors For Fireys
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This podcast features Narelle Warren, an academic, who is donating items for the #AuthorsForFireys auction to raise money for the fire fighting effort here in Australia. The full set of #AuthorsForFireys interviews and blog posts will be here as soon as they are published, as interviews and guest blogs for #AuthorsForWildlife will be here.
Narelle Warren is a heath anthropologist at Monash University who has studied women’s health in rural communities. So her research is particularly relevant at this time.
I am a Senior Lecturer in both the Anthropology and Sociology programs. My areas of research are fairly broad, and I undertake research in three main areas: Neuro-disability (disability that is related to neurological conditions), Global Public Health, and Mental Health and Wellbeing.
Narelle’s contribution to the #AuthorsForFireys auction
#AuthorsForFireys : I have two offers: 1) one day of research at the vic state library or in the state archives; or 2) three edited collections, edited by @DikaiosSakella1 or I, on *disability, normalcy and the everyday *occ therapy beyond borders *disability and QoL.
— Narelle Warren (@NarelleWarren) January 6, 2020
Expanded and clarified version of the above tweet:
To bid on Narelle’s auction, reply to the above tweet.
Update: new donation information.
As originally wanted by @EmilyGale and @NovaWeetman, this fundraiser is now officially for ALL fire services in Australia. The official Authors For Fireys Website will be updated accordingly. Winning bidders or auctioning authors can nominate funds to the fire service of their choice. #AuthorsForFireys.
Want to know if this is legit?
Yes, it is legit. The whole community — Australian and global — is rallying together to support Australian firefighters, wildlife recuse and bushfire victims. Here are some reports on this effort.
- SBS: Australian authors rally around to raise funds for bushfire relief effort
- SMH: Authors ask readers to dig deep for nation’s bushfire crisis
- Book Riot: AUTHORS SUPPORT AUSTRALIA FIRE SERVICES WITH #AUTHORSFORFIREYS
- Penguin Books: Authors For Fireys — Australian authors band together to support the Country Fire Authority
- Daily Nous: Philosophers Raising Funds for Firefighters in Australia
- ArtsHub: Six ways artists can take action on bushfires
Fundraiser information from Emily Gale
The #AuthorsForFireys auction will take place only on Twitter from Monday 6th January, ending at 11pm AEST on Saturday 11th January. Scores of authors, illustrators and book industry people will host their own individual auction under the hashtag #AuthorsForFireys and bids will take place on each tweet. At the end, the highest bidder donates the amount directly to the firefighters fund. Once proof of donation has been received, the author will dispatch goods/services.
Items up for auction include signed books, original illustrations, one-off fan-art and craft, unique gifts and manuscript critiques for writers.
There is a supporting site, explaining how it works, at this address: https://authorsforfireys.wixsite.com/website.
Given the $18million fundraiser for the NSW RFS this week, proceeds from this auction are going to the CFA (Victoria).