Dark Matter Zine and Studio Canal are pleased to offer 10 free double passes to in-season screenings of 13 Minutes, a movie about how one man could have changed the course of history if he’d had 13 more minutes. To enter, email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘13 minutes’ in the subject heading. Screenings are for participating Australian cinemas only.
During Hitler’s anniversary speech on November 8, 1939, a man is arrested on the Swiss border for possession of suspicious objects. Just minutes later, a bomb explodes in the Munich Bürgerbräukeller, immediately behind the Führer’s lectern, killing eight people.
The man is Georg Elser (Christian Friedel), a carpenter from Königsbronn in the Swabia region. When a map of the site of the assault and detonators are found on him, he is sent to the head of the Criminal Police in the Reichssicherheitshauptamt, Arthur Nebe (Burghart Klaussner) and the head of the Gestapo, Heinrich Müller (Johann von Bülow) to be questioned.
From them, Elser learns that his attempt has failed – that the man he wanted to kill in order to stop the bloodshed of the World War that had just begun, has left the Bürgerbräukeller 13 MINUTES before the explosion. For days, Elser is interrogated by Nebe and Müller, for days, he holds out against their questions – he looks back at how National Socialism slowly metastasised in his home village, how he attempted to oppose it with his best friend Josef Schurr and how he had to turn away from those he loved because of his plans – until he finally confesses and relates the story of his deed.
13 minutes terms and conditions:
- To enter, email email@example.com with ‘13 minutes’ in the subject heading and your postal address in the body of the email.
- Screenings are for participating Australian cinemas only so entrants must have an Australian postal address.
- All entries must be received by 5pm AEST (Melbourne time) 24 July 2015.
- No late entries accepted.
- Winners will be selected via a random number generator.
- Addresses will only be used for the purpose of this competition.
- Studio Canal will mail out the prizes so the winners’ names and addresses will be provided to them for this purpose.
- Each prize is a double pass to an in-season screening of 13 Minutes.
- The names of the winners will be published without address or email; these details will be held conﬁdential with the exception of point 7.
- DMZ is running this competition in good faith; no responsibility is taken for mishap or misadventure.
- All decisions are ﬁnal, no correspondence will be entered into.