Recently I’ve been packing books for my interstate move. This has incited me to imagine all sorts of dire punishments for book designers whose idea of distinguishing a book is to make it a different size to every other book on my shelves.
Here’s a list of the 10 worst crimes against fandom. Please comment if you have devious and appropriate means of punishing the perpetrators or if you’d like to add to the list of crimes.
Also: vote on ranking of the crimes. Which is the Worst Crime Against Fandom?
- Changing cover design mid-series (The Dresden Files, anyone?)
- changing the size of a book mid-series or inventing new dimensions for a book so it doesn’t fit your shelf and is a royal pain to pack
- axing a TV series without finishing the story arc (feel free to wail or bemoan the worst betrayal you’ve experienced)
- promising or hinting at followups and failing to follow through; Firefly anyone?
- making the size of bluray and DVD cases different sizes (seriously, the disks are the SAME SIZE, why are the cases different?)
- sequels until they’ve killed the thing you love (How many Movie III’s should NEVER have been made?)
- creating a canon expanded universe then declaring it is no longer canon
On that final note, here’s a song I love to accompany your commenting below.